Well, this is a new and big deal for me, I have been nominated for the sunshine blogger award. Not Once but Twice!!
These two nominations have made me extra motivated this month as its been a slow one in terms of writing posts. So thanks very much, ladies.
This award is given by bloggers to bloggers. It gives us all a little self-promotion as well as giving us all a little boost. This helps as sometimes it does just feel like you against the world and you are the only one out there sitting at a computer putting your skills and thoughts etc down into words.
I’m still what you would call a newbie blogger so to get recognition from 2 other bloggers who have more experience than me and more established blogs make it extra special. Thanks again.
The Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
1: Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging site.
2: List the Sunshine Blogger Award rules and display the logo on your site.
3: Answer the Sunshine Blogger Award questions.
4: Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
5: Notify the nominees of their nominations.
Janes Questions/My Answers
Which do you think is your best blog post and why?
I guess I would have to go with the one that was the most popular with my readers. It also got shared the most times on Pinterest and that was 10 best things to do on a No-Spend weekend
The articles I enjoy making the most are my Income reports. I get a lot of positive response from people about how honest I am and how it motivates them etc.
Which is the worst blog post you have written and why?
It always hurts to admit that you have written a bad post but I guess we all have. Mine is Making money from shopping receipts. Badly written, Spelling mistake in the title I have yet to change and just not great. I will rewrite it at some point. I’m also writing another one at the moment that I’m not happy with but at least this time I can change it before publishing.#
With the exception of ‘death’ cause that’s a foregone conclusion for everybody and everybody’s loved one…name one thing that has happened in your life that you wish you could change, and why?
Wow, long question. I try not to wish I could change anything as if you could change one thing it would probably lead to other things being changed beyond your control. I guess I would have chosen a different career path than the one I’m currently in.
If you were given a million quid/dollars etc and you had to spend it within 72 hours what would you do with it and why?
I would spend 70% of it on either one or two properties where I live and perhaps the rest on a nice holiday home abroad. Potentially Australia as I have family there.
If you could change something about yourself (a certain character trait/something about your looks/a mannerism etc) what would that thing be?
Again I’m not really into wishing I could change stuff. If I had to pick I guess I would choose to be less grumpy. I can be a total grump if things don’t go the way I plan them in my head.
If you knew now what you knew now when you were 16, how do you think your life would have been different?
I would be very successful and rich. No joke, If I knew then what I know now about investment, cryptocurrencies, Side hustles, and blogging I would be very well off.
Excluding children (cause I don’t have any so I can’t join in and I know many of you will choose these(!)), what’s been your biggest life achievement?
I have two for this, marrying my wife as she is my best friend and we have a good laugh together. That is when we are not hungry or tired as we get angry!!. And also buying our house., We have a big house and it took a lot of sacrificing to save for a deposit. See one of my articles for more on that.
Let’s go all ‘Desert Island Discs’ for a moment – actually, let’s rip it right off. Give me your five favorite songs and if they provoke memories, let’s hear the memory!
Anything by Coldplay, No memories provoked just love them and best live act ever.
Firestarter by The Prodigy provokes memories of attending illegal warehouse raves in my early twenties.
Anything by Red Hot Chilli Peppers, great to sing along to.
Michael Buble, Everything My wedding song, Always good memories.
Take That, Rule The world Another wedding song.
What/who (famous person or otherwise) makes you laugh hysterically?
Other than my wife who at times can be quite cutting with her humor which makes me laugh hysterically, I am a fan of Micky Flannagan, British stand-up comedian, and Sarah Millican.
If you could re-live one day in your life, which day would it be and why?
My wedding day is obviously the one day I would re-live however other than that it would be any of the 10 days that we spent in Mauritius. First trip abroad where we didn’t want to come home and that is unusual for us.
Is there anything I can do today to help you to promote your Blog?
No, Jane, you have followed me on all forms of social media and always pop up with a like or a share and mostly that is all I need. Mainly because I’m sure I will have a rubbish month at some point. This will lead to me having a rant on facebook which will lead to you and others talking me round. Thanks for all the help so far.
So this is the difficult bit for me, Any time I do get I spend on my blog and writing and not much time reading other bloggers work. This means some of the nominees may have been nominated before and a couple are quite experienced and may not even respond but I’m going to nominate you guys anyway.
- Kevin over at Financialpanther.com This was one of the first people to constantly repin my pins via tailwind.
- Jason over at Frugalforless.com Again always pinning my pins on Tailwind and supporting the cause.
- Kailey Brumwell at Beautybrainsblush.com. She gave me some great blogging advice on a blogging facebook group. Very helpful and answered all my questions without anything in it for her.
- Rebecca Lake over at BossSingleMama.com. A much more experienced blogger than myself and who has given advice and great comments which gives me a boost when I most need it. Thanks, Jessica
- Susan over at The365family.com. She left a great comment on one of my income report articles and verified the exact reason as to why I write these.
- Okpaloafe Rawlings over at Rawlingsunday.com. Always there on facebook with a comment, like or pin. Good lad.
- Christie Plumridge At MumThatsABadWord.com Always sharing my content and has a great mummy blog.
- Joseph Breheny over at Trippinbrehenys.com Asides from Jane he was one of my first subscribers and has a great travel and finance site, well worth a look.
- Justine Warne At The-tea-chest blog she has a great Tea Blog (Love a cup of tea while blogging) She likes every post, article, page, and social media comment. Always sharing, Great supporter.
- Ashley @ Irishtwinsmomma Her parenting, Recipes, and travel blog is coming along nicely and more importantly, she is working hard to get her blog where it deserves to be.
- My last nominee is going to be Jane at Breakupmakeupwakeup.com, I know she has already had a nomination and also nominated me and this post is her questions answered, because, despite being in a completely different niche from me she has literally been there from the start with positive comments and likes and shares. So you dont need to do all the nominating you just need to know the support was and is appreciated.
So onto the 11 questions, I would like answered from the 11 bloggers I have nominated.
What made you start blogging?
Have you a vision for where your blog is going to be in 5 years, and if so what is that vision?
Favourite thing you like to do when not blogging?
If and when your blog takes off and earns you good money and you decide to start another one, What niche would your second blog be in?
How many hours a week on average do you spend on your blog?
If you could have a celebrity round to help write an article with you, who would it be?
What is your real job if you have one?
Your worst moment whilst blogging?
As I’m a film Buff what is your favourite film?
Best holiday destination?
What is your guilty Pleasure?
So there you go there is my 11 questions. I’m proper chuffed with my sunshine blogger award. I look forward to reading all your questions.