I’m going to start by saying that around 4-6 weeks ago I had never heard of the Sunshine blogger award. So to be nominated for it not once but twice and in such a short space of time must mean I’m doing something right.
If you want to see my first award and the answers to questions that were put to me then have a look at Sunshine Blogger Nomination PT 1.
The sunshine blogger award is given to bloggers by bloggers and is a nice thing to be nominated for as it means you have impressed your fellow bloggers and this can be hard to do so it means you have been working well when it comes to building your blog and profile.
The Sunshine Blogger Award Rules:
The rules are simple
Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their website.
- List the Sunshine Blogger Award Rules and display the logo on your website.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by who nominated you for the award.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees of their nomination.
See I told you the rules were simple. So the problem I have now is I have to nominate 11 more bloggers, Man this is going to be tough as I dont think I have read this many blogs. Anyway firstly thanks to Jenny B from TravellingPartyOf4.com. I really appreciate the nomination, It means a lot and especially from a more experienced blogger such as yourself.
So let’s start off by showing you Jenny’s questions and my answers.
1: In terms of life as a blogger, what is the #1 thing that motivates you?
I would say that the #1 thing that motivates me when blogging is time. I dont dislike my job but I dont exactly enjoy it either and I would like to grow to the point where I have several blogs and earn a good income. The income is secondary what it would do is give me more time to do the things I love with the people I love.
2. Where is your home town? And what is the coolest thing to do in your home town?
My home town is a small village called Lancing. It is in the south of the UK right on the beach. In terms of what to do, there isn’t a lot. However, the beach and several nice cafe’s are close as well as what we call The Downs which is a nice bit of countryside so good for walks, etc. In terms of where Lancing is, the nearest city is Brighton which is 20minutes drive and the nearest big city is London which is about 90minutes drive.
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world for two weeks, no strings attached, where would it be and who would you take with you?
Great question, Well who I would take would be my wife as we love traveling and we are pretty damn good at it as well. Where we would go is harder. We have just got back from the Amalfi coast in southern Italy which was amazing and we would love to go back. I guess it would be a toss-up between somewhere new in Italy where we haven’t been already or Santorini in Greece.
4. And could you spend those two weeks without WiFi?
I could, I feel I may have a little more trouble persuading my wife too though. She needs that Instagram fix, plus she is always in constant contact with friends, etc.
5. Favorite Thanksgiving dish? ( I always need ideas!)
Being from the UK we dont celebrate Thanksgiving, I see it as a lot like Christmas for us in the UK. And on Christmas, I always enjoy good turkey with loads of roast potatoes, Sausages wrapped in bacon and gravy.
6. Let’s talk about famous people, past or present, who would you love to invite to dinner?
Ok, this could prove tricky, I’m a bit of a space nerd so 3 people would get straight in and that is Stephen Hawkings, British astrophysicist Brian Cox, and Neil DeGrasse Tyson. That’s the nerds out of the way. David Beckham as I’m a huge Manchester Utd fan, Plus my wife would be pleased. Lastly Tim Ferris of 4-hour workweek fame. Wow, that’s going to be a lame-ass dinner party but interesting as hell.
7. What is your favorite blogging resource or course?
You know what I have only been doing this coming up for 5 months and haven’t done any courses yet, I have one in mind though. Also blogging resource, I have quite a few times gone back and looked at boostmybudget
Simply known as Becca she is a money blogger from London and some of her blog tips are second to none. The link above I have read several times and is very useful.
8. Do you think that there will ever be an official Degree in Blogging? And would you go for it? (I would!)
As Blogging becomes more and more popular and if there is a need and a gap in the market for a degree then I can’t see why there wouldn’t be one. A collaboration between the top bloggers from all around the world would be great. If I could do the degree while still working my full-time job then I would absolutely jump at the chance.
9. What blogger has helped you the most, whether it be with resources, constructive criticism, traffic or just old fashioned advice?
As I said above Becca from Boostmybudget.com has helped me even though she probably isn’t aware of that. Also special mentions to Kailey @Brainsbeautyblush she helped me with some simple answers via a facebook bloggers group I’m in. Nothing fancy just plain old help with some things I wasn’t sure on, She is about 3 months ahead of me and doing great so check out her site.
10. Palm trees, snow or city?
I like all 3, to be honest, but if you are talking about where I prefer for holidays, etc then Palm trees and outdoor dining is me all over.
11. Coffee or tea?
I do like a Cappucino, especially when in Italy however if its a day to day thing then tea wins hands down. When writing my blog usually for a few hours on a Saturday morning I will have at least a couple of cups of tea. Splash of milk and 2 sugars keeps me going.
Nominees Of The Sunshine Blogger Award:
Ok, so I need to nominate 11 new bloggers that I haven’t nominated the first time around. This will be tough but here goes. Some of these are members of my facebook group which will make my life a little easier
- Suzan Dalia from Mindfullfillmentality. She has pinned a few articles of mine and is in a different niche so I appreciate the effort she puts in. It is the same amount of effort that goes into her blog.
- Mel Sa over at 1millionpageslater.com What a great domain name. She is a member of my group and has a good group on Facebook. She also works very hard on her blog and if she is having to write a million pages then she deserves this award and also the support of people reading this.
- Emma and Louise over at VanLifeDiary I love traveling but dont think I could do the van living thing. That is until I read their blog. Head over and see for yourselves.
- Sharon Lopez @ idealcareerideas.com She is a valued member of my group on Facebook not too mention has a great blog giving ideas for a better career which in turn leads to a happier and more content life. Great Job Sharon.
- Amber and Olivia. Aka Savvymom52 over at savvymomsurvivalguide they have a great blog on savvy mom survival tips and healthy living. go check them out.
- Brokehockeymom She has a blog for moms surviving that great hockey rat run and tips for making your life a little easier
- Lucrezia lapichino for her work on the blogging for new bloggers Facebook page, She has helped me a lot even though she won’t realize this.
- Marina Lapichino. Yep, you have guessed it, sister of the above blogger and helps run the same facebook page. They also run the TinyLoveBug blog. It has all kind of life hacks and blog tips.
- Emma Betty. Ok so this is kind of cheating now but she is the sister-in-law of the 2 bloggers above. I dont want her to miss out as she is as important to the running of the Facebook page and blog as the other girls. Well done to all 3 of you as you made my transition into being a blogger much easier. Also, it helped there were 3 of you for nomination as I’m running thin on nominee’s here.
- Jade Macrury over at Liveablissfullife.com She has a really good looking theme and layout on her blog and I’m sure it is going to continue to grow. Keep up the good work.
- Aamir Faiz. I still can’t see if this great man has a blog or not but he is a member of Blogging for new Bloggers on Facebook and he has helped answer a few of my questions with ease and simplicity. Not only that but any tech questions asked by anyone on the group he is one of the first to answer and always available to help, I may not be able to find your blog but you deserve recognition for helping others.
Well, there you go. I never thought I would find another 11 bloggers who deserved a mention as I dont read enough of other peoples blogs, but I did. Well done to you all, you all deserve recognition and praise.
So now for my questions to those lovely people I have nominated for the sunshine blogger award.
So my questions for the lovely people above are as follows.
- Which current blogger big or small inspires you to do well?
- What is your favorite hobby that gives you time out from blogging?
- When is your favorite time to write your blog posts?
- Best holiday you have ever had?
- What car do you currently drive?
- What is your full-time job if you have one?
- Do you have any pets? If so what are they and what are their names?
- What is your favorite time of year?
- Do you have more than one blog?, If so what is the niche of the other ones.
- What is the longest time you have gone without touching your blog?
- What is the end goal for your blog?
And there are my questions, It’s a good way to get to know our fellow bloggers. Like I said above they are all deserving of the sunshine blogger award for various reasons. I hope they all answer my questions, I’m looking forward to seeing your answers.